How To Apply
Expectations of MARC scholars:
- Engage in a research project in the biological/behavioral science under the direction of a faculty mentor
- Participate in the Honors program and complete the requirements for graduation with Honors
- Participate in a MARC seminar series and research workshops
- Complete an Ethics in Science training program
- Maintain a GPA ≥ 3.0
- Present research results at local and national symposia/conferences
- Complete an undergraduate thesis based on their research
- Participate in a summer research project at another institution
- Continue with post-graduate studies
Student award recipients must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents ('green card' holders). They must be full time students. Preference is given to students who belong to underrepresented groups (Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Filipino, Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Native Alaskan).
- Applicants must be majoring in the Sciences/Behavioral Sciences from any of the applicable colleges (including Arts and Sciences, CTAHR, Engineering, Health Sciences).
- Applicants must be either juniors or seniors, or close to junior status.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and maintain a GPA of 3.0 while in the program.
- Review Program information for eligibility
- Fill in online pre-application form
- Schedule an interview
- Complete full application
- Student application reviewed by selection committee
Deadline: Recruitment on-going